quinta-feira, 1 de junho de 2017

I Remember, I Remember - Thomas Hood

       










I Remember, I Remember - Thomas Hood

I remember, I remember,
The house where I was born,
The little window where the sun
Came peeping in at morn;
He never came a wink too soon,
Nor brought too long a day,
But now, I often wish the night
Had borne my breath away!

I remember, I remember,
The roses, red and white,
The violets, and the lily-cups,
Those flowers made of light!
The lilacs where the robin built,
And where my brother set
The laburnum on his birthday,--
The tree is living yet!

I remember, I remember,
Where I was used to swing,
And thought the air must rush as fresh
To swallows on the wing;
My spirit flew in feathers then,
That is so heavy now,
And summer pools could hardly cool
The fever on my brow!

I remember, I remember,
The fir trees dark and high;
I used to think their slender tops
Were close against the sky:
It was a childish ignorance,
But now 'tis little joy
To know I'm farther off from Heav'n
Than when I was a boy.









Why I am a Liberal - Robert Browning

"Why?" Because all I haply can and do,
      All that I am now, all I hope to be,--
      Whence comes it save from fortune setting free
    Body and soul the purpose to pursue,
    God traced for both? If fetters, not a few,
      Of prejudice, convention, fall from me,
      These shall I bid men--each in his degree
    Also God-guided--bear, and gayly, too?

    But little do or can the best of us:
      That little is achieved through Liberty.
    Who, then, dares hold, emancipated thus,
      His fellow shall continue bound? Not I,
    Who live, love, labor freely, nor discuss
      A brother's right to freedom.  That is "Why."









No Coward Soul is Mine - Emily Bronte

 No coward soul is mine,
     No trembler in the world's storm-troubled sphere:
     I see Heaven's glories shine,
     And faith shines equal, arming me from fear.

     O God within my breast,
     Almighty, ever-present Deity!
     Life--that in me has rest,
     As I--undying Life--have power in thee!

     Vain are the thousand creeds
     That move men's hearts: unutterably vain;
     Worthless as withered weeds,
     Or idlest froth amid the boundless main,

     To waken doubt in one
     Holding so fast by thine infinity;
     So surely anchored on
     The stedfast rock of immortality.

     With wide-embracing love
     Thy spirit animates eternal years,
     Pervades and broods above,
     Changes, sustains, dissolves, creates, and rears.

     Though earth and man were gone,
     And suns and universes ceased to be,
     And Thou were left alone,
     Every existence would exist in Thee.

     There is not room for Death,
     Nor atom that his might could render void:
     Thou--THOU art Being and Breath,
     And what THOU art may never be destroyed.







Hawarden - George Meredith

WHEN comes the lighted day for men to read
   Life’s meaning, with the work before their hands
   Till this good gift of breath from debt is freed,
   Earth will not hear her children’s wailful bands
   Deplore the chieftain fall’n in sob and dirge;
   Nor they look where is darkness, but on high.
   The sun that dropped down our horizon’s verge
   Illumes his labours through the travelled sky,
   Now seen in sum, most glorious; and ’tis known
   By what our warrior wrought we hold him fast.
   A splendid image built of man has flown;
   His deeds inspired of God outstep a Past.
   Ours the great privilege to have had one
   Among us who celestial tasks has done.














The Flooded Hut of the Mississippi - Samuel Lover

On the wide-rolling river, at eve, set the sun,
And the long-toiling day of the woodman was done,
And he flung down the axe that had felled the huge tree,
And his own little daughter he placed on his knee;
She looked up, with smiles, at a dovecot o'er head-
Where, circling around, flew the pigeons she fed,
And more fondly the sire clasp'd his child to his breast-
As he kiss'd her-and called her the bird of his nest.

The wide-rolling river rose high in the night,
The wide-rolling river, at morn, show'd its might,
For it leap'd o'er its bounds, and invaded the wood
Where the humble abode of the wood-cutter stood.
All was danger around, and no aid was in view,
And higher and higher the wild waters grew,
And the child-looking up at the dovecot in air,
Cried, 'Father-oh father, I wish we were there!'

'My child,' said the father, 'that dovecot of thine
Should enliven our faith in the Mercy Divine;
'Twas a dove that brought Noah the sweet branch of peace,
To show him the anger of Heaven did cease:
Then kneel, my lov'd child, by thy fond father's side,
And pray that our hut may in safety abide,
And then, from all fear may our bosoms be proof-
While the dove of the deluge is over our roof.'












Ode 22 - Amir Khusrau-e-Dehlavi ( Amir Khusrow )

1. Oh Lord, what prosperity is this! what felicity has come to us, that the charming mistress has passed through the street of the forgotten ones?
2. To-night my (belted) beloved came forth laughing ; stay, oh stay, that for a moment at least. I may behold the Pleiades and the Orion (together).
3. God be praised, that my wakeful nights have not been fruitless; (for) I have seen that very cypress-like beauty sleeping in mv (very) embrace.
4. Oh drummer, distract thee not this night with anxieties for drum-beating, since, keepers of many a vigil are reposing in the embrace of their friends to-night.
5. Oh smiling rose-petal (i.e. rosy beloved), say truly, where have you been last night, since you have made this day a night for the rose-scented ones (i.e. girls emitting the odor of roses)?
6. You with me, (i.e. in my company)! God be glorified! How can this (friendship) proceed from thee? I with thee! Heaven forbid! How can I have boldness?
7. Oh Khusrau, why do you talks o much of union that is not? It’s an idle fancy, for thou hast given mania admittance unto thyself.









Ode 11 - Amir Khusrau-e-Dehlavi ( Amir Khusrow )

1. The rose has blossomed in the garden, where is that blooming (lit. smiling) bud (i.e. the beloved)? It is time for the enjoyment of friends, where is that tulip of the garden (i.e. the beloved)?
2. Every time that she laughed, a thousand like me became her slaves, and a hundred dead ones were revived by that lip: where, oh where! Is the soother (lit. remedy) of my pains?
3. They tell me to quit love, and devise means of comfort; where is a helpless man who can command contrivances, and where is the mad one who is possessed of comforts? (i.e. these are impossibilities).
4. Khizr moistened his lips and drank the water of life with joy through his luck and good fortune, whereas, Alexander ran in the search (of it) to find out where the fountain of life was.
5. Shouldst thou give up thy life, thou wouldst obtain security, so said she to me, every time. Here, with my life, I yield obedience to the command, but where is that disobedient friend?
6. I said, so long as I have that bright soul, it is you yourself in this frame of mine; you said, “indeed, it is I”; but if this is you, where is the soul itself?
7. You said to me, “Practise patience, assume unbounded humility, and make me thy own by this means; here, I have practiced this; but where is that (i.e. the promised reward)?
8. If in our lane, thou shouldst not pass openly even once a month, where is (i.e. why dost thou not make) a secret inquiry (after us), occasionally; with the point of thy eyelashes.
9. Ere this, I was always thy companion. Is not Khusrau after all the same? Where (then) are those promises and those pledges?







Ode 5 - Amir Khusrau-e-Dehlavi ( Amir Khusrow )

1. Once more, the heart of me - mad in (divine) love – has been lost in her street; why on earth did observe that drunken form ?
2. Oh breeze, at times when you happen to pass by those (lovely) spot, put that stranger in mind of her old friends.
3. Every night her thought enters my heart from every quarter; what side of this ruined abode (e, e, the heart) am I to keep, guard over.
4. Life has passed away, and the narrative of our love has not ended; the night has worn away, and I (must) therefore cut short my romance.
5. Tell the flames to envelope the soul, and the fire to burn away the heart; the candle is not of those who pity the moth.
6. Our very soul is ruined at her sight, whereas her coquetry is beyond all limits; we are intoxicated by the least smell (of wine), and I the cupbearer hands us too full a goblet.
7. Oh heart! after all, you did once frequent this lane of ours; have you so entirely forgotten this (old) abode?
8. I do not stand in need of thy asking me to abandon all reputation and good name, for no one teaches a lesson in notoriety to mad men.
9.  Khusrau is comfortable with the burnings of his heart (i. e. love) and he is unacquainted with the pleasures of this world; how can the fire eating bird (i.e. the salamander) relish a grain of earn.








Snow Birds - Louis Honoré Fréchette

    When the rude Equinox, with his cold train
      From our horizons drives accustomed cheer,
      Behold! a thousand winged sprites appear
    And flutter briskly round the frosty plain.
    No seeds are anywhere, save sleety rain,
      No leafage thick against the outlook drear;
      Rough winds to wildly whip them far and near;
    God's heart alone to feel their every pain.
    Dear little travelers through this icy realm,
    Fear not the tempest shall you overwhelm;
      The glad spring buds within your happy song.
    Go, whirl about the avalanche, and be,
    O birds of snow, unharmed, and so teach me:
      Whom God doth guard is stronger than the strong.







Legend - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

THERE lived in the desert a holy man

To whom a goat-footed Faun one day
Paid a visit, and thus began

To his surprise: "I entreat thee to pray
That grace to me and my friends may be given,
That we may be able to mount to Heaven,
For great is our thirst for heav'nly bliss."
The holy man made answer to this:
"Much danger is lurking in thy petition,
Nor will it be easy to gain admission;
Thou dost not come with an angel's salute;
For I see thou wearest a cloven foot."
The wild man paused, and then answer'd he:
"What doth my goat's foot matter to thee?
Full many I've known into heaven to pass
Straight and with ease, with the head of an ass!"







Short Poetry Collection 168




Conteúdo completo disponível em:






Links:


Slippery Letra

Mask Off Letra

Bad And Boujee - Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert

Bíblia Online

Poetry in English

Poesia em Espanhol

Sanderlei Silveira

Sanderlei Silveira

Sanderlei Silveira

History in 1 Minute

Áudio Livro - Sanderlei

Billboard Hot 100 | Song Lyrics - Letras de Músicas

Educação Infantil - Vídeos, Jogos e Atividades Educativas para crianças

Santa Catarina - Conheça seu Estado

Conheça seu Estado - História e Geografia

Poesia em Português, Inglês, Espanhol e Francês

Top 10 BLOGs by Sanderlei Silveira



Prédios mais altos do Mundo e do Brasil (Atualizado até 06/2017)

Paraná - Conheça seu Estado (História e Geografia)

Mato Grosso do Sul - Conheça seu Estado (História e Geografia)

O espaço geográfico e sua organização

A organização do espaço geográfico brasileiro

Ode 5 - Amir Khusrau-e-Dehlavi ( Amir Khusrow ) - Poetry, Poem

Poem 11 - Abid ibn al-Abras

The Dark - Ellen M. H. Gates

Ode I - Amir Khusrow

Slippery - Migos - Letra Musica - Tradução em Português


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário